Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Thursday Recipe - Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix

My daughter loves this mix of spices. It's great in pumpkin pie or with sweet potatoes or mixed with sugar and used on cinnamon toast. It's an easy one, since the spices usually come pre-ground so you just have to stir it all together.

Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix

1/4 c. cinnamon
2 T. ginger
1 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. allspice or ground cloves
1/2 t. cardamom

Stir everything together. Store in an airtight container. Use instead of cinnamon in recipes.

Feel free to mix up the proportions to make it what you like. I'm not a big fan of nutmeg or cloves so I keep those to a relatively low proportion. I do love ginger, so I use more of that. Cardamom is a very strong spice and can easily overpower anything so keep it on the low side in this mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.