Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Thursday Recipe - Chocolate Fudge

I have done it! I have conquered the elusive Fudge Beast!

My attempts at fudge in the past were pathetic at best. Sure they tasted great. And they spread like frosting. The best fudge I made was what set up on top of cakes when I attempted chocolate fudge frosting.

I did manage this recipe for Butterscotch fudge a year and a half ago, but it only really worked with white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips. They have more wax and fats in them. When I tried the recipe with chocolate chips, it turned into a grainy thick mess that wasn't even close to fudge. So I did some tinkering and Voila! Success!




Chocolate Fudge

1/2 c. powdered milk
2/3 c. hot water
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 T. butter
1/2 t. salt
7 oz marshmallow creme
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

Mix powdered milk, hot water, sugar, butter, and salt in a 2-qt saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a good boil. Boil and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

Stir in marshmallow creme and chocolate chips. Keep stirring until it is smooth. Pour into a buttered pan (I like to use a glass pie pan) then refrigerate until set.

Store fudge in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.