Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, May 25, 2015

Here's to the Veterans

Memorial Day has become a day to have a picnic and enjoy a day off work. For me, it should be more than that. It's a day to remember those who have gone before us and made our lives possible.

Today, I'd like to honor veterans. My brother-in-law served in the military for a while. I have several friends that are also veterans.

I have a neighbor who is very special to our family. He served in the military most of his life, starting just after WWII. He serves in the Boy Scouts now. When I think of someone with honor and integrity, he is the perfect example. He's like an adopted grandpa to all the neighborhood kids. His wife is also one of my heroes. She's stood by his side all these years. We love them both.

So in honor of them and all the other veterans out there, enjoy some patriotic music by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, courtesy of YouTube.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.