Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, April 21, 2014

FanX Salt Lake City, the off-season version of ComicCon

I feel so special. It even said I was special on my FanX super-dee-dooper dangly tag. Yep. I got in as a special guest. I got to sit on panels and talk about writing, characters, space opera, and more.

No, I did not get any special privileges when it came to Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Patrick Stewart, or any of the other very special media guests. I did enjoy a nice lunch with Michael Stackpole, a very friendly author. We were on the space opera panel along with Eric James Stone and Julie Henderson. Great discussion of my favorite genre.

It was wonderful seeing so many friends. It's humbling to rub shoulders with so much talent and genius. Utah has a lot of world-class authors and artists.

I'd like to send out a big thank-you to the organizers and their army of volunteers who made the convention such a wonderful experience for so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.