Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, June 11, 2012

I have a new title at work


TARDIS My day job (www.spacecamputah.org) is interesting, in all sorts of ways. I never quite know what to expect from day to day. The other week, I had a girl give me a new title.


I had a planetarium show scheduled for the evening, a local youth group wanted to learn more about the night sky. One of the girls was an avid Dr. Who fan. She was so excited to be at a place that celebrated science fiction, even if it was a different universe. Until we got to the planetarium.

Our planetarium is a portable system from Digitalis. (They make the Stellarium software package. If you ever wanted to learn constellations or find out what's in the sky when, this is an excellent program. Plus, it's FREE. And no, they didn't pay me to endorse it for them.) The inflatable dome is dark blue, almost an exact color match to Dr. Who's tardis. She had to point it out to me. So I, being a big Dr. Who fan myself, told her it was bigger inside than outside. Not really, but since we have the entire universe inside, it does look bigger inside than out.

Once we were inside and seated, I launched into my spiel about how we can time travel and where they should look to see what time and date we were at. This girl couldn't contain herself. She blurted out, "You're a Time Lord!"

I love it. I'm going to print that on all my business cards. I'm a Time Lord. I can take you anywhere in time and/or space in my tardis. Oh, yeah, work is sweet.

(I'm also Ultimate Queen of the Galaxy. My boss officially gave me the title because titles cost nothing and it doesn't change my job description.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.