Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday Recipe - Waffle Brownies

Make brownies with your waffle iron? Sure, why not. These are fast and easy and very delicious. The recipe I have comes from an old church cookbook that was a wedding present many years ago. It's full of great old-fashioned recipes. I'll have to post more of them...

Waffle Brownies

1 c. butter, melted
10 T. cocoa
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. flour (I used whole wheat, so I could say they were healthy)
4 eggs (use large or extra large)

Mix dry ingredients. Add butter and eggs, stir until mixed. It will look dry, like there isn't enough liquid, but keep working it. It is supposed to be thick, almost cookie dough. If it still has dry spots, you can add a couple tablespoons of water or milk.

Heat up your waffle iron. Spray it with non-stick spray. Scoop about 3/4 c. batter onto the waffle iron. Close it, pressing down for just a couple of seconds to spread out the batter. Let it cook for about 3-5 minutes, just until it stops steaming. Turn out onto a plate. They will be crumbly until they cool down a bit.

Looks like a mess, doesn't it? It's supposed to.
My icky ancient waffle iron that works fantastically for this recipe.

Ta-da! the finished product. Mmmmm....
This recipe should make about 5 8" round waffles.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that's just awesome. I'll have to modify this to gluten free and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.