Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Recipe - Fudge?


Road trip this weekend. We spent a good wad of money to rent an RV and take the whole family on a trip. We found a really cool place to get local food just north of Pasco - produce, artisan jams and jellies and sauces, breads, candies, sandwiches, and the most decadent fudge I have ever tasted. Three words - to die for. (Country Mercantile, Inc. - and I've got pictures of the fudge but not my camera cable, so I'll have to add those later.)

I can't make fudge to save my life. I can't even manage the easy, no-fail marshmallow cream and chocolate chip fudge. The only time I made good fudge was on accident. I was trying to make frosting.

So, no recipe for fudge. Instead, I'm posting a plea for recipes for good fudge that even I can make. I even mess up this recipe:

1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Microwave until soft. Stir until smooth. Eat before it cools because for some reason, this fudge goes weird when it sets up so I use it as a dip for apples or cookies or pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.