Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thursday Recipe - Hogwarts Cherry Tarts

Just in case someone calls about it, I'm not affiliated in any way with JK Rowling or her book series. I just liked the idea of creating a mini-Hogwarts university course for my children. I've been posting recipes for the last few weeks from this. These cherry tarts are the last I've got for this particular theme. They are luscious and rich and creamy and I really really REALLY want some right now but I don't want to make them even though they are easy. I'm just that lazy today.

Hogwarts Cherry Tarts

4 c. powdered sugar
2 c. cookie crumbs (vanilla wafers or chocolate sandwich cookies, smashed and smooshed into crumbs)
1/2 c. cocoa
1/4 c. milk
1/3 c. cream cheese
1 t. vanilla
1/4 t. almond extract
1/2 c. candied cherries, cut up

Mix 2 c. powdered sugar, cookie crumbs, and cocoa. Sprinkle milk over and stir just until it holds together. Press crust mixture into paper lined miniature muffin pans, it should make about 24. Beat cream cheese with vanilla and almond extract. Gradually add the other 2 c. of powdered sugar. Beat well. Stir in cherries. Spoon into the shells. Chill until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.