Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Thursday Recipe - Yeah, I know it's Saturday, here's Travel Gorp

I spent all day Thursday in airports and on airplanes. Got delayed in Phoenix for an hour and a half while they fixed the plane, we were still sitting in it! Then the plane landed in San Antonio. Does Southwest do this on purpose? Nothing on my ticket or anywhere else indicated a stop in San Antonio. Weird. Finally got to Dallas. They say it's cool, but I'm melting. I'm too used to Utah's cool weather and no humidity. But it's lovely. I've met so many nice people. My bookmarks are disappearing from the freebie table faster than I expected. I may run out. Oops.

So, apologies for the delay. I'll make up for it with a spectacular, lavish, decadent recipe next week. For this week, something very simple - travel gorp. Great for keeping you going when you have no idea when or if you'll be able to get a decent meal.

Travel Gorp

1 c. craisins
1 c. assorted other dried fruit of your choice
2 c. mixed nuts, peanuts, or whatever nut you like (sorry, hubby, not you-you won't fit in the bowl)
1 c. M&M's, skittles, or other small candies, chocolate covered anything is good, but it tends to melt. Go with a candy shell type. Gummy bears get too dried out.

Toss everything together and put into snack size baggies.

You can add other stuff if you want - mini marshmallows (which go hard and crunchy but still taste good), small cereal like Cheerios or Chex (I'm a fan of Captain Crunch Berries myself), rice crackers, cheezit crackers, pretzels, or anything else you might find in a trail mix.

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are going well for you! Sorry about all the airport delays, though, yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.