Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, July 19, 2010

Yoda Wisdom and Gummy Bear Gelatin Layered Dessert

"Do or do not, there is no try." ~Yoda

This quote says a lot. Success or failure are your only options. When you say, "I'll try," you are hedging your bets, not committing fully to your endeavor. How often do we do that to ourselves? "I'll try" implies that we anticipate failing. Some things in life are worth full commitment. Do or do not, succeed or fail, but put your whole heart and soul into it.

Okay, Monday philosophy lesson is now over. It is time for Gummy Bear Salad/Dessert. Be warned: this is weird stuff. If you let it sit for more than 24 hours, the gummy bears swell up and become part of the jello. Hmm. Borg jello? Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated?

Gummy Bear Jello

1 small box green gelatin
1 small box orange gelatin
1 small box red gelatin
8 oz tub whipped topping
1 c. multi-colored mini-marshmallows
1 c. gummy bears

Make green gelatin according to box directions. Pour into 9x13 glass pan. Refrigerate until mostly set. Sprinkle gummy bears on top. Mix orange gelatin according to directions. Carefully spoon on top of green layer and gummy bears. Sprinkle marshmallows on top. Refrigerate until soft set. Mix red gelatin according to box directions. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over other layers. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Serve and wait for the comments.

7 comments:

  1. I love that Yoda quote! I also love that you share recipes on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet that's delicious. My kids would love it. Good thoughts about commitment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My older kids told me it was weird. The younger ones loved it. Total sugar rush. It looks disgusting, which is always a plus at my house.

    And I would love to be assimilated by Gummy Borg.

    Yoda had a lot of deep insights. Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha hillarious. i personally have a grudge against anything remotely jello-like but i enjoy the idea still.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. Gummi Bear borgs ... awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like putting weird things in jello. NOT vegetables, though. Ick. I don't do the carrot shreds in lime jello, I don't care how traditional it is. I can't stand the stuff.

    And I can just see Gummi Borgs coming to get you in their bright colors. Now I have to figure out how to draw them...

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.